540 km2 of Archean aged greenstone belt in a Tier 1 jurisdiction
The James Bay region is a world-class lithium exploration and development district.
- Strong federal government support:
- Committed to becoming the global supplier of choice for sustainably and responsibly sourced critical minerals.
- Canada’s Critical Minerals Strategy is backed by nearly $4 billion in Budget 2022 for critical minerals and the clean digital technologies they enable.
- Nemaska Lithium intends to develop the Whabouchi mine, one of the richest spodumene deposits in the world in terms of volume and grade, located 38 km from Omnia site.
- The spodumene concentrate that will be produced at the mine will then be processed at the Bécancour Conversion Facility.
- Fuelled by hydroelectric power, the Nemaska Lithium Conversion Facility in Bécancour, will convert the spodumene concentrate produced at the Whabouchi mine to lithium hydroxide.
- $1.3 billion CAPEX investment in:
- Wabouchi mine and hydromet plant which aims to produce 33,000tpa of lithium-carbonate-equivalent (LCE).
- Trucking infrastructure to transport lithium concentrate to Chibougamau.
- Rail infrastructure to transport lithium concentrate from Chibougamau to Bécancour Conversion Facility.
- Construction of the Bécancour Conversion Facility and associated infrastructure.
- Other important players in the battery industry have also chosen to move to Bécancour in what is being termed la vallée de la batterie (Battery Valley).
- Concentrate produced at the Whabouchi mine will be converted to battery grade lithium hydroxide, the first such conversion facility in Canada.
A Belt-Scale Mineral Systems Play
- The Lac des Montagnes Project is a belt-scale play with the potential to host multiple mineral systems.
- The world-class Whabouchi lithium deposit is located 38 km along strike from the Project and is characterized by a pegmatite granite intrusion assigned to the “Spodumene Suite”.
- The Graab Prospects, has significant Spodumene intersects are also hosted in “Spodumene Suite” pegmatite granite and are located 10 km along strike from the Project. Confirming the mineralised “Spodumene Suite” pegmatites continue to trend into Omnia’s 110km strike package.
- These pegmatites have been identified and termed the “Spodumene Suite” by the Government of Quebec’s, Ministère des Ressources Naturelles et des Forêts (“MERN”) and are highly prospective for lithium, based on striking geological similarities with the world class Wabouchi deposit and other lithium deposits globally.
- 9 (nine) highly prospective “Spodumene Suite” pegmatites have been mapped by MERN within the Project area.
The Company is poised to execute an aggressive, game-changing, exploration strategy.
- Systematically map and sample high-priority targets as identified from the due diligence.
- Follow-up drilling of any potential mineralisation identified during initial mapping and sampling (with or without available assay data).
- Ongoing, systematic mapping and sampling of the multiple, untested pegmatites that have been identified throughout the tenement package.
- Systematically drill test targets as assays from rock chip sampling become available.